Easy Vegan Curried Pasta Salad
A creamy, simple vegan curried pasta salad recipe that can be easily customized with the ingredients you have on hand.
- 1/2 pound pasta (use your favorite pasta, I used cellantani)
- 1 carrot (medium sized, shredded)
- 2 scallions (diced)
- 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise (Just Mayo or Vegenaise recommended)
- 1/2 tsp curry powder (I used McCormick Gourmet)
- 3 tsp brown mustard
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp celery salt (optional)
- 1 handful fresh Italian parsley
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Cook the pasta per the directions on the box (al dente preferred).1/2 pound pasta
- Rinse the pasta in cold water and drain.1/2 pound pasta
- Mix together the mayo, mustard, curry powder, garlic powder, & celery salt in a large bowl.1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise, 3 tsp brown mustard, 1/4 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 tsp celery salt, 1/2 tsp curry powder
- Dice the scallions.2 scallions
- Shred the carrot with a vegetable peeler or box grater1 carrot
- Chop the fresh parsley.1 handful fresh Italian parsley
- Mix the diced scallions, shredded carrot, and fresh parsley into the mayo mixture.
- Add the cold pasta to the mixture little by little while stirring until it's at the creaminess you prefer (you may have some leftover pasta).
- Taste it and adjust the spices and add salt/pepper to your liking.
- Refrigerate and enjoy!
- I use a vegetable peeler to "shred" my carrot (I just keep peeling and peeling and then eat the very center/core that I can't successfully peel). You can use a box grater or another kitchen tool if you'd prefer. If you want to make it really easy you can just buy a bag of shredded carrots.
- If you don't have any spicy brown mustard you can sub with any type of mustard you have on hand.
- Make sure to salt to your liking at the end since everyone's salt sensitivity is different. If you choose not to add the celery salt, make sure to compensate for it when you're doing the final tasting/seasoning since it won't have any added salt at that point and it might be a little bland for most people.
- This a great base recipe for a creamy vegan pasta salad if you want to omit the curry powder and play with your own preferred seasonings.
- Customize it by adding diced red peppers instead of carrot or whatever veggies you have in the fridge.
Calories: 393kcalCarbohydrates: 47gProtein: 8gFat: 19gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 364mgPotassium: 213mgFiber: 3gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 2712IUVitamin C: 4mgCalcium: 27mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!